Meike 6.5mm f/2 Circular Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras
Meike 6.5mm f/2 Circular Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras is a fixed manual focus lens with large f/2 aperture to suit working in low light conditions. It is one of the most affordable circular fisheye lenses for Sony mirrorless cameras. Individual lens elements feature a multi-layer nano coating to control surface reflections, flare, and ghosting in order to realize a high degree of contrast and color accuracy, even when working in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally, the lens sports a manual focus design and realizes an impressive 190° angle of view along with a unique circular image shape and strong distortion for a surreal quality. As a creative tool, it is hard to fault at the price.
The Meike MK-6.5mm f/2 Circular Fisheye lens is surprising well made, better than one might expect at such a low price point. The barrel turns smoothly and the aperture ring, which does not have click-stop detents, offers a slight resistance, a welcomed feature which We assume is intentional. The knurled rubber ring that covers the lens barrel is comfortable and grippy, and the lens cap is constructed of metal and fits snuggly. All markings are clear and easy to read. Its all-metal construction is durable and a focus distance scale has been engraved on the lens barrel for pre-focusing needs.
The optical design deploys 6 elements in 5 groups. The aperture range extends from f/2 to f/22. The Meike fisheye does not accept filters (the filter ring would appear in the picture) and cannot accommodate a lens hood. Lens performs amazingly good and produces very sharp images.
Overall, the performance of the lens is excellent for this price point. Meike MK-6.5mm circular fisheye lens has to be seen as good value, a relatively inexpensive way to acquire a circular fisheye lens that is capable of impressive results. It’s one of the least expensive accessory lenses you can buy and it’s very well made. You may not use it every day, but We are willing to bet that you will use it a lot.
Meike 6.5mm f/2 Circular Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras Features:
- This 6.5mm f/2 lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 9.75mm equivalent focal length.
- Distinct fisheye design produces a circular image with a 190° angle of view and strong visual distortion.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Multi-layer nano coating has been applied in order to suppress ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design along with a manual aperture ring offer precise control over both focus and exposure.
- Maximum Aperture: f/2
- Image Stabilization: No
- Optical Design: 6 Elements Arranged in 5 Groups
- Metal Mount
- Weight: 10.58 oz / 300 g
- Angle of View: 190°
|Camera mount type||Sony E mount|
|Lens Construction||6 elements / 5 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||Not Specified|
|Dimensions (DxL)||2.4 x 2.03″ / 61 x 51.5 mm|
|Weight||10.58 oz / 300 g|
Meike 6.5mm f/2 Circular Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras is compatible with all Sony APS-C E-Mount cameras: Sony a5000, a6000, a6100, a6300, a6400, a6500, a6600 etc.
- Meike 6.5mm f/2 Circular Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras
- Rear lens cap
- Front lens cap
- Lens Pouch
- Microfiber Cloth
- Original box