Meike 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras
Meike 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras is the ideal lens for anyone who is interested in a fisheye photography. It is one of the most affordable fish-eye lenses on the market. It is a manual focus lens capable of an impressively high level of sharpness with an almost complete resistance to flare. As a creative tool, it is hard to fault at the price.
Meike MK-8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras is a fully manual lens with aperture control on the lens and manual focusing ring. The lens feels very solid and sturdy. The frosted metal construction makes it resistant to dust, and steam while the multi-layer nano coating helps overcome the problem of flare or fuzzy light.
The lens is quite heavy for its modest size, weighing in at 569g, and no doubt the 11 element in 8 groups optical construction adds much of that weight in glass. The front element is domed and potentially vulnerable to damage, so use of the removable lens hood would be highly desirable. As with other fisheye lenses there is no possibility of adding filters to a lens as wide as this.
Sharpness is a surprise strength of the design, when stopped down. We start off centrally with just a fair standard of sharpness, from f/3.5 to f/4.8. But at f/5.6 this rises to excellent and becomes outstanding at f/8 and f/11. f/16 is excellent and results are still good at f/22. The lens controls chromatic aberrations very good. Chromatic aberrations can be seen at the corners of the image in particular, but at the edges control is still very good. There is some visible light fall off at f/3.5 but it is quite low.
The lens’ resistance to flare is amazing. Even with the sun in the frame, through trees, there is no sign of a loss of contrast or of unwanted artifacts.
Overall, the performance of the lens is excellent for this price point. Meike MK-8mm fisheye lens has to be seen as good value, a relatively inexpensive way to acquire a fisheye lens that is capable of impressive results.
Meike 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras Features:
- This 8mm f/3.5 lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 12mm equivalent focal length.
- Distinct fisheye design produces an impressively wide angle of view along with strong visual distortion for producing creative effects.
- Multi-layer nano coating has been applied in order to suppress ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design along with a manual aperture ring offer precise control over both focus and exposure.
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5
- Image Stabilization: No
- Optical Design: 11 Elements Arranged in 8 Groups
- Metal Mount
- Weight: 1.25 lb / 569 g
- Angle of View: 200°
- Minimum focus distance: 10cm
|Camera mount type||Sony E mount|
|Lens Construction||11 elements / 8 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||Not Specified|
|Dimensions (DxL)||3.03 x 4.29″ / 77 x 109 mm|
|Weight||1.25 lb / 569 g|
Meike 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras is compatible with all Sony APS-C E-Mount cameras: Sony a5000, a6000, a6100, a6300, a6400, a6500, a6600 etc.
- Meike 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Sony E Mount Cameras
- Rear lens cap
- Front lens cap
- Lens Pouch
- Lens Hood
- Microfiber Cloth
- Original box