Pixel X800C Standard | Flash Speedlite for Canon
Pixel X800C Standard is a fully featured e-TTL (II) and HSS enabled speedlite flash for Canon DSLR cameras. It is packed with an array of features including ETTL, Manual, and Stroboscopic modes, HSS, second curtain sync, wireless master and slave options… It has a high guide number of 60 which is identical to Canon’s top model 600EX-RT. For on-camera use, it provides nearly all of the functions of a Canon 600EX-RT, though for a small fraction of the price.
Build quality of the flash can stand side to side with well known brands such as Canon, Nikon. Pixel really produces high quality products so the flash is really robust and firm, furthermore buttons are also really nicely positioned and pleasant to use. Overall build quality is much better than you would expect from the flash speedlite of this price tag.
If you are looking for a great value flash for on camera work then the Pixel X800C is definitely one to consider. X800C flash is great for the money. For off-camera use we suggest to go with the Pixel X800C Pro model which features Pixel King receiver built-in. 2.4GHz radio triggers are much more convenient and reliable than the Optic Wireless triggering system.
Pixel X800C Standard is fully compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II metering. It features a powerful guide number of 60m (ISO 100, 200mm) as well as an impressive zoom range of 20-200mm, along with a wide-angle diffuser for 14mm coverage on full-frame cameras. Bounce lighting is also possible with tilt from -7 to 90° and rotation left and right 180°. The X800C TTL exposures are very good and quite consistent, bounced or direct. Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) adjustments are working as they should
X800C has a recycle time of about 2.5 seconds and has high-speed sync, 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization settings. Also, it supports a multi flash stroboscopic mode for multiple flashes during a single exposure. It runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with a mini stand and diffuser cover.
The X800C (and similar Pixel flashes) are still quite clearly matching the Canon 600EX-RT for light output though. So the Pixel flashes can really match the Canon 600EX-RT for power, where many other third party flashes are at at least 1/3 of a stop bellow.
Pixel X800C Standard FEATURES
- Pixel X800C Standard level lock clamping foot clamps tightly in the camera hot-shoe, and does not allow the flash to slop around any more than the original Canon flash does.
- Interface and LCD screen display very simple and intuitive
- PC sync port for wired off-camera firing
- Optical transmission has access to 4 channels and 3 groups (A/B/C)
- Built-in pull-out bounce card for reflecting light forward when the flash is tilted upwards
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 with 29 total levels
- Stroboscopic mode of 1-500 Hz
- Supports Canon Flash Control Menus (external speedlite menu)
- Power saving mode and overheat protection
- Automatic setting saving remembers your last settings
- Excellent autofocus assist beam to help camera focus in low light conditions.
- X800C has a very high Guide Number of 60m (ISO100, 200mm). It supports High-speed Synchronization, e-TTL II, manual flash mode. The highest synchronization speed is 1/8000s.
- Fast Clamping Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- Supports Wireless Optical Master and Slave modes – The X800C can work as a Master and Slave unit. It also supports S1 and S2 pre flash cancel modes.
- X800C supports auto and manual zooming, the flash coverage can be changed between AUTO, 20~200mm.
- Ultrafast charging recycle system. Also supports external power supply
- Equipped with big size LCD display. High definition dot matrix screen
Pixel X800C Standard SPECIFICATIONS
|Sync mode||HSS, 1st curtain sync, 2nd curtain sync|
|Guide Number||60 meters (ISO 100, 200mm)|
|Flash mode||e-TTL, Manual, MULTI|
|FEC / FEB||1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)|
|Optic wireless mode||Optical Master and Optical Slave modes|
S1 and S2 basic optic slave modes
|Optical triggering distance||up to 20m|
|Optical transmission channels||4|
|Zoom range||20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105, 135, 200mm (14mm with wide angle diffuser card)|
|Vertical rotation angle||-7~90 degrees – tilt head with tilt lock button|
|Horizontal rotation angle||0~360 degrees – 180 degrees left/180 degrees right|
|Power supply||4×AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are supported)|
|Lighting times||180 times at full power(with Sanyo Eneloop batteries)|
|Recycle time||Less than 2.5 seconds with fully charged batteries|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 29 levels of fine tuning (1/3rd increments)|
|External interface||hot shoe, PC sync port, external battery port, USB port for firmware upgrades|
|Additional features||High-Speed sync, Second-curtain sync, FEC, FEB, FEV, manual zoom,|
auto zoom, sound prompt, custom settings, automatically saving setting, PC port,
power saving mode and over heat protection, large clear dot matrix LCD screen, LCD back light can be kept On
|Dimensions||78 × 60 × 193 mm (Extended state)|
|Net weight||14.39 oz / 408 g (without batteries)|
Pixel X800C Standard – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Pixel X800C is compatible with all Canon EOS cameras (e-TTL II autoflash): Canon 1Dx, 1Ds series, 1D series, 5DIII, 5Ds, 5Dsr, 6D, 7D mark II, 5DII, 5D, 7D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 700D, 650D/T4i, 600D/T3i, 550D/T2i, 500D/T1i, 450D/Xsi, 400D/Xti, 350D, 100D, 1100D, 750D, 760D, 1200D and other Canon EOS cameras
Pixel X800C Standard – Package includes:
- 1x Pixel X800C Standard flash speedlite for Canon
- 1x Protection bag
- 1x Mini stand
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original box
- 1x Diffuser cover as a gift