Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB internal SSD is the newest edition to the world’s best-selling SATA SSD series, and is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops. Samsung EVO 860 is fast and reliable SSD thanks to the latest V-NAND technology. The Samsung 860 Evo is a perfect follow up act that improves on its predecessor in every way with faster speeds and even greater endurance, all while retaining its low prices to boot.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB SATA III internal SSD still uses stacked V-NAND memory and the 6Gbits/sec SATA 3 interface, and the sequential write speed has been modestly increased from to 550MB/sec. However, the endurance is something that Samsung has been focused on improving and the new 860 EVO 4TB model can survive 2400TBW (terabytes written – or the amount you can write to the drive before you can expect it to start failing), double that of its 850 Evo equivalent.
Samsung 860 Evo is a worthy alternative to the 850 Evo. Whether you’re planning a new PC build or switching from solely mechanical storage for the first time, there’s no contest: this is the best SATA SSD you can buy. The Samsung 860 Evo series is meant to be both affordable and deliver a huge amount of solid state storage.
If you need different capacity Samsung SSD 860 EVO check these models:
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB Specifications:
- 4TB Storage Capacity
- Interface: SATA III (6 Gb/s)
- Up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read Speed
- Up to 520 MB/s Sequential Write Speed
- Encryption: 256-Bit AES Hardware Encryption
- Endurance (Total Bytes Written): 2400 TB
- Power draw: 3.0 W
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 158°F / 0 to 70°C
- Dimensions 3.9 x 0.3 x 2.8″ / 99.06 x 7.62 x 71.12 mm
- Weight: 0.2 lb / 0.1 kg
Samsung SSD 860 EVO Features:
- The 860 EVO features AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption to keep your data safe while also keeping performance high compared to software-based encryption engines.
- Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
- Faster than the 850 EVO, the 860 EVO is powered by the latest V-NAND technology and firmware optimization. Comes in capacities of up to 4TB, with reliability of up to 2400 TBW
- Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
- Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
- The 860 Evo series is powered by 64-layer V-NAND technology. (V-NAND stands for vertical NAND, which contains flash cells stacked vertically and 3 dimensionally for greater density and speed) Additionally, the drives utilize a MJX SATA controller paired with 2GB of LPDDR4 DRAM – specific to 2TB models only – for enhanced speed and power efficiency.