Yongnuo YN216 3200-5500K | Pro LED Video Light
Yongnuo YN216 3200-5500K is an excellent LED light from a series of professional on-camera LED lights from Yongnuo Digital. Yongnuo YN216 LED video light contains 216 high-quality LED lamp beads and is perfect for video or light painting. The brightness and color temperature can be dialed in precisely with the digital dimming mode. The metal hot shoe with tilting lock lets you mount on you SLR, camcorder or direct tripod mount. Removable barn-doors and 4 included gels add to the adaptability of this LED. Flexible power options include 3 power supply modes. DC power supply (optional), lithium battery (optional Sony NP-F batteries) and AA size batteries.
This YN216 3200-5500K model features 216 LEDs total, evenly split between daylight (5500K) and tungsten(3200K). Yongnuo also produces YN216 5500K only model which features 216 LEDs with 5500K color temperature. 5500K only model is clearly brighter, but you don’t have the ability to set color temperature in 3200-5500K range without using CT filters.
Yongnuo YN216 LED panel is brilliantly made, and for its price and features, unbeatable. Yongnuo YN216 LED light is too cheap for what it offers. You could easily buy twenty of these for the price of one Litepanels Astra for example
Yongnuo YN216 is a compact, lightweight and affordable LED light designed to be mounted on camera or light stands. It is meant to be used as a camera toplight. It’s powered by 6x AA batteries (NiMH or alcaline) or by a Sony NP-F battery, the type that you get with a Z1 or Z5 camcorder. It features four hinged barndoors. A slot on the side of the case enables insertion of a single filter from a provided set of four, one clear diffusion and three colored, If you are using this light at maximum power then it’s definitely worth putting diffusion filter in. The light is so bright at maximum power that you will need to back it off a bit using the brightness dial on the back of the unit.
At full blast, YN216 LED is pretty intense and certainly powerful enough to compensate for a degree of daylight behind your subject, enabling a lower exposure setting on the camera and therefore fewer clipped highlights in the background
The light can run on A/C power or battery power using Sony-compatible NP-F series battery (sold separately). YN216 adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great help to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming. You will not experience flickering or any other negative effect with this LED light.
YN216 adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great job to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming, so no flickering is possible with this LED light
YONGNUO YN216 3200-5500K FEATURES
- Multiple rear-panel buttons for settings and adjustments.
- A large power button/knob … press for on/off or turn to adjust levels.
- Built-in folding barn doors.
- A slot for diffusers or gels. (YN216 is equipped with 4 color temperature filters so it can be used under different conditions.)
- The YN216 LED adopts the latest LED driving technology, which ensures the light not appear as corrugated, stroboscopic or manifest any other negative phenomena when shooting. Moreover, it effectively improves the conversion efficiency.
- The YN216 LED light is formed by 108 lamp beads with 5500K color temperature and another 108 LEDs with 3200K color temperature. The lamp beads of extra-large luminous chips, with higher brightness at same energy consumption
- There is a choice of “coarse” or “fine” setting via a toggle button on the rear of the light. In “coarse” mode, the power is adjusted in increments of 10, while in “fine” mode it is by 1.
- Power using an NP-F series battery, 6 x AA batteries, or via an optional AC adapter (not included).
- External Power Supply – It is recommended to use Yongnuo power adapter with YN216 to obtain lasting service time. When using external power supply, the video light will stop the battery power supply automatically and will not get the battery charged. The external power supply interface outside is positive and the interface inside is negative. The input voltage is 8V and the electric current is 5A. Note: If YN216 becomes defective when used with power adapter of other brands, the unit will no longer be guaranteed for repair.
YONGNUO YN216 SPECIFICATIONS
|Light source||216 LED beads|
|Luminance angle||55 degrees|
|Color Rendering Index (CRI)||>90|
|Average Service Life||50 000 hours|
|Power Supply||1 NP-F lithium battery/ 6x AA battery / external 8V, 5A DC power supply (not included)|
|Item dimensions||Approx. 13 x 11.5 x 11.5cm / 5.1 x 4.5 x 4.5in|
|Net Weight||318g / 11.2oz|
|Package Weight||543g / 1.19LB|
YONGNUO YN216 compatible batteries:
Yongnuo YN216 LED Light can be powered using 6x AA batteries or a Sony NP-F series battery.
Sony NP-F series: NP-F750; NP-F550; NP-F950/B; NP-F530; NP-F970; NP-F970/B; NP-F570; NP-F770; NP-F960; NP-F930; NP-F930/B; NP-F950; NP-F330.
Yongnuo YN216 3200-5500K LED – Package includes:
- 1x Yongnuo YN216 3200-5500K LED Video light
- 1 x White Filter
- 1 x Blue Filter
- 1 x Red Filter
- 1 x Orange Filter
- 1 x Mini Stand
- 1 x User Manual in English and Chinese