Yongnuo YN600L 5500K | Pro LED Video Light
Yongnuo YN600L 5500K is a professional LED light. This mid-level, 5500K daylight balanced unit offers two dimming modes (rough and fine), a remote controller, a fan for heat dissipation, four barndoors, a power-on/luminance adjustment knob, and two filter panels (one diffusion, one orange). Up to three lights can be grouped via the remote control.
This YN600L 5500K model features 600 LEDs with a color temp of 5,500K (daylight). Yongnuo also produces YN600L 3200-5500K bi-color model which features 2 sets of 300 LEDs (300 LEDs of 3200K and another 300 LEDs of 5500K). 5500K only model is clearly brighter, but you don’t have the ability to set color temperature in 3200-5500K range. However, 3200K color temperature filter is supplied in standard package so you can use this LED light under different environments.
Yongnuo YN600L LED panel is brilliantly made, and for its price and features, unbeatable. Yongnuo YN600 LED light is too cheap for what it offers. You could easily buy ten of these for the price of one Litepanels Astra for example
Yongnuo YN600L is a compact, lightweight and affordable LED light designed to be mounted on light stands. It is not meant to be used as a camera toplight. It’s powered by a two Sony NP-F battery, the type that you get with a Z1 or Z5 camcorder. It features four hinged barndoors. A slot on the side of the case enables insertion of a single filter from a provided set of two, one clear diffusion and one colored (3200K). If you are using this light at maximum power then it’s definitely worth putting diffusion filter in. The light is so bright at maximum power that you will need to back it off a bit using the brightness dial on the back of the unit.
At full blast, YN600L LED is pretty intense and certainly powerful enough to compensate for a degree of daylight behind your subject, enabling a lower exposure setting on the camera and therefore fewer clipped highlights in the background
The light can run on A/C power or battery power using 2x Sony-compatible NP-F series batteries (sold separately). YN600L adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great help to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming. You will not experience flickering or any other negative effect with this LED light.
YONGNUO YN600L 5500K FEATURES
- A 2-digit LED display to indicate power settings and other information.
- Multiple rear-panel buttons for settings and adjustments.
- A large power button/knob … press for on/off or turn to adjust levels.
- Built-in folding barn doors.
- A slot for diffusers or gels. (YN600L is equipped with 2 color temperature filters so it can be used under different conditions.)
- A remote controller which can independently address up to 3 fixtures. (The fixture has sensors on both the front and back side).
- An automatic cooling fan (low noise fan).
- The YN600L LED adopts the latest LED driving technology, which ensures the light not appear as corrugated, stroboscopic or manifest any other negative phenomena when shooting. Moreover, it effectively improves the conversion efficiency.
- The YN600L LED light is formed by 600 lamp beads with 5500k color temperature. The lamp beads of extra-large luminous chips, with higher brightness at same energy consumption
- There is a choice of “coarse” or “fine” setting via a toggle button on the rear of the light. In “coarse” mode, the power is adjusted in increments of 10, while in “fine” mode it is by 1. This setting affects how the light responds to the remote control as well.
- External Power Supply – It is recommended to use Yongnuo power adapter with YN600L to obtain lasting service time. When using external power supply, the video light will stop the battery power supply automatically and will not get the battery charged. The external power supply interface outside is positive and the interface inside is negative. The input voltage is 8V and the electric current is 5A. Note: If YN600L becomes defective when used with power adapter of other brands, the unit will no longer be guaranteed for repair.
- Remote Dimming Mode – The wireless remote controller can adjust the luminous intensity and control the switches of YN600L. The maximum remote controlling distance is up to 15 meters.
YONGNUO YN600L 5500K SPECIFICATIONS
|Light source||600 LED beads|
|Luminance angle||55 degrees|
|Remote Control Distance||>15m|
|Average Service Life||50 000 hours|
|Power Supply||2 lithium batteries or external 8V, 5A DC power supply (not included)|
|Dimensions||260 x 188 x 40 mm|
YONGNUO YN600L compatible batteries:
Yongnuo YN600L uses 2x Sony NP-F series batteries. AA size alcaline or NiMH are not supported. You can turn on the reflector by using only 1 battery but in that case only 300 LEDs will shine. For all 600 LED beads it is necessary to use 2x NP-F batteries at the same time.
Sony NP-F series: NP-F750; NP-F550; NP-F950/B; NP-F530; NP-F970; NP-F970/B; NP-F570; NP-F770; NP-F960; NP-F930; NP-F930/B; NP-F950; NP-F330.
Yongnuo YN600L 5500K LED – Package includes:
- 1x Yongnuo YN600L 5500K LED Video light
- 1x Remote Controller
- 1x Hand Grip
- 2x CT Filters
- 1x User Manual