Yongnuo YN600S Bi-Color LED Light 3200-5500K
Yongnuo YN600S 3200-5500K bi-color LED panel is one in a series of professional LED lights from Yongnuo Digital. This mid-level, variable color 3200-5500K LED unit offers two dimming modes (rough and fine), a quiet passive cooling, a power-on/luminance adjustment knob, and two filter panels (one diffusion, one orange). The light can be mounted to a tripod or threaded light stand, or attached to the included handle for hand-holding.
This YN600S 3200-5500K model features 600 LEDs total, of which 300 are 5,500K (daylight) and other 300 LEDs are 3200K . Yongnuo also produces YN600L 5500K only model which features 600 LEDs with 5500K color temperature. 5500K only model is clearly brighter, but you don’t have the ability to choose color temperature in 3200-5500K range.
Yongnuo YN600S LED panel is brilliantly made, and for its price and features, unbeatable. Yongnuo YN600S LED light is too cheap for what it offers. You could easily buy ten of these for the price of one Litepanels Astra for example
Yongnuo YN600S is a compact, lightweight and affordable LED light designed to be mounted on light stands. It is not meant to be used as a camera toplight. It’s powered by a two Sony NP-F battery, the type that you get with a Z1 or Z5 camcorder. A slot on the side of the case enables insertion of a single filter from a provided set of two, one clear diffusion and one colored (3200K). If you are using this light at maximum power then it’s definitely worth putting diffusion filter in. The light is so bright at maximum power that you will need to back it off a bit using the brightness dial on the back of the unit.
At full blast, YN600S LED is pretty intense and certainly powerful enough to compensate for a degree of daylight behind your subject, enabling a lower exposure setting on the camera and therefore fewer clipped highlights in the background.
The light can run on A/C power or battery power using 2x Sony-compatible NP-F series batteries (sold separately). YN600S adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great help to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming. You will not experience flickering or any other negative effect with this LED light.
YONGNUO YN600S Features:
- A 2-digit LED display to indicate power settings and other information.
- Multiple rear-panel buttons for settings and adjustments.
- One-button memory function quickly and easily brings you to saved settings.
- A large power button/knob … press for on/off or turn to adjust levels.
- A slot for diffusers or gels.
- Quiet passive cooling
- The YN600S LED adopts the latest LED driving technology, which ensures the light not appear as corrugated, stroboscopic or manifest any other negative phenomena when shooting. Moreover, it effectively improves the conversion efficiency.
- The YN600S LED light is formed by 300 lamp beads with 5500K color temperature and another 300 LEDs with 3200K color temperature. The lamp beads of extra-large luminous chips, with higher brightness at same energy consumption
- There is a choice of “coarse” or “fine” setting via a toggle button on the rear of the light. In “coarse” mode, the power is adjusted in increments of 10, while in “fine” mode it is by 1.
- External Power Supply – It is recommended to use Yongnuo power adapter with YN600S to obtain lasting service time. When using external power supply, the video light will stop the battery power supply automatically and will not get the battery charged. The external power supply interface outside is positive and the interface inside is negative. The input voltage is 12V and the electric current is 5A. Note: If YN600S becomes defective when used with non-original power adapter, the unit will no longer be guaranteed for repair.
Yongnuo YN600S Specifications:
|Number of LEDs||600|
|Luminance angle||55 degrees|
|Max Power Consumption||36W|
|Average Service Life||50 000 hours|
|Power Supply||2 lithium batteries or external 12V, 5A DC power supply (not included)|
|Fixture Dimensions||11.2 x 7.9 x 2.0″ / 28.4 x 20.0 x 5.2 cm (Including Frame)|
|Fixture Weight||2.16 lb / 0.98 Kg|
|Package Weight||2.29 lb / 1.03 Kg|
Yongnuo YN600S is powered by 2x Sony NP-F series batteries. AA size alcaline or NiMH are not supported.
Each battery powers half of the fixture’s LEDs, requiring two batteries to fully power the unit.
Sony NP-F series: NP-F750; NP-F550; NP-F950/B; NP-F530; NP-F970; NP-F970/B; NP-F570; NP-F770; NP-F960; NP-F930; NP-F930/B; NP-F950; NP-F330.
- Yongnuo YN600S 3200-5500K LED Video light
- Warm Filter Panel
- Soft Filter Panel
- Original Box