Yongnuo YN660 | Flash Speedlite for Canon and Nikon
Yongnuo YN660 is the latest model in the very popular line of Yongnuo’s manual flashes. The YN660 has an updated design (similar to YN685) and features an extra bit of flash power. This radio-enabled flash speedlite has an all-new design (since the YN560-series) with a new interface, a higher guide number of 66 and a longer zoom range up to 200mm.
With YN660, Yongnuo continuous the tradition of making powerful and very versatile remote manual speedlites. The flash can now fully substitute the use of YN560-TX controller, although many still prefer the dedicated controller for its convenience and speed of use.
There is no TTL support in the YN660, which has the advantage of making it truly universal, supporting any camera system with a hot-shoe or sync port interface, or even those without, using the built-in optical slave.
With a 2.4 GHz radio system, a high guide number, and full manual operation, the Yongnuo YN660 is an excellent flash speedlite for photographers who desire the utmost control from their lighting equipment. This radio system builds upon the previous generation with a total of six groups and 16 channels, as well as a range of 100m. This system can also be used as a master trigger for YN660, YN560-IV, and YN560-III flashes as well as RF602, RF603 II, and RF605 triggers for maximum compatibility. In terms of pure output, this manual flash has a rated guide number of 66m at ISO 100 and 200mm and has a zoom head with a range of 20-200mm. This zoom range can be expanded to 14mm with use of the pull-out diffuser in the head.
For added versatility, the YN660 has bounce capabilities which include tilting from -7 to 90 degrees and rotation of 270 degrees, allowing users to have more control over light placement. In addition, this flash can be used as a radio slave to other units and has a optical triggering & slave settings for use with other flashes. It runs on four AA batteries which provide a recycle time of less than three seconds at full power. And, it has an external power socket and a PC sync port for added functionality.
YONGNUO YN660 FEATURES
- Powerful operation with Guide number 66 meters at ISO 100, 200mm.
- Wireless master mode with 6 groups and 16 channels for wireless control of other YN660 as well as YN560 IV, YN-560 III, RF-602, RF-603, RF-603 II and RF-605.
- Wireless slave mode allows the speedlite to be triggered by other YN660 flash lights or YN-560 IV, YN560-TX, RF-602, RF-603, RF-603 II and RF-605.
- Metal hot shoe.
- Multi stroboscopic mode of up to 8 flashes per second (power must be 1/8 or lower) as well as Master, Manual, S1 and S2 optical trigger modes.
- Convenient sound prompt lets you know when the flash is ready.
- External power pack socket – Canon plug compatible with Yongnuo SF-18C and SF-17C external battery pack.
- Built-in wide angle diffuser and bounce card.
- Color temperature is 5600K.
- Automatic save of flash current settings.
- Large LCD screen and improved button design for quick change of settings.
- 100-1500 flashes with one set of batteries.
- PC Sync port.
- 3 Seconds for full power flash recycle.
- Overheat protection and power saving mode.
- Compatible with all cameras with standard Hot Shoe interface – Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Fuji and some Sony models.
YONGNUO YN660 SPECIFICATIONS
|Circuit design||Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT)|
|Guide Number||66 meters (ISO 100, 200mm)|
|Flash mode||M, MULTI|
|Triggering Mode||Set-top, wireless master mode, wireless slave mode, S1, S2|
|Wireless triggering distance||up to 100m|
|Zoom range||20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105, 135, 200mm|
|Vertical rotation angle||-7~90 degrees|
|Horizontal rotation angle||0~270 degrees|
|Power supply||4×AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are supported)|
|Lighting times||100~1500 times (AA alkaline cell used)|
|Recycle time||approx 3s (AA alkaline cell used)|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 29 levels of fine tuning|
|External interface||hot shoe, external HV battery port, PC sync port|
|Additional features||Master flash, Second-curtain sync, manual zoom, sound prompt, advanced setting, automatically saving setting, PC port, power saving mode and over heat protection|
|Dimensions||67×77×210mm (Extended state)|
YONGNUO YN660 – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Yongnuo YN660 is compatible with all Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic DSLR Cameras, basically any camera with standard hot shoe.
Yongnuo RF-605, RF-603 I/II, RF-602, YN622C, YN622C II, YN622N, YN622N II, YN560-TX
Yongnuo YN-560 III, YN660, YN560-IV.
Yongnuo YN660 – Package includes:
- 1 x Flash speedlite YN660
- 1 x Mini Stand
- 1 x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1 x Original box
- 1 x diffuser cover as a gift