Yongnuo YN900 3200-5500K | Pro LED Video Light
Yongnuo YN900 3200-5500K is a bigger brother of Yongnuo YN600L professional LED light. This YN900 3200-5500K model features 900 LEDs total, of which 450 are 5,500K (daylight) and other 450 LEDs are 3200K. Yongnuo also produces YN900 5500K only model which features 900 LEDs with 5500K color temperature. 5500K only model is clearly brighter, but you don’t have the ability to set color temperature in 3200-5500K range.
Yongnuo YN900 LED panel is brilliantly made, and for its price and features, unbeatable. Yongnuo YN900 LED light is too cheap for what it offers. You could easily buy seven of these for the price of one Litepanels Astra for example
Yongnuo YN900 is a compact, lightweight and afordable LED light designed to be mounted on light stands. It is not meant to be used as a camera toplight. It’s powered by a two Sony NP-F battery, the type that you get with a Z1 or Z5 camcorder. It features four hinged barndoors. A slot on the side of the case enables insertion of a single filter from a provided set of two, one clear diffusion and one colored (3200K). If you are using this light at maximum power then it’s definitely worth putting diffusion filter in. The light is so bright at maximum power that you will need to back it off a bit using the brightness dial on the back of the unit.
At full blast, YN900 LED is pretty intense and certainly powerful enough to compensate for a degree of daylight behind your subject, enabling a lower exposure setting on the camera and therefore fewer clipped highlights in the background
The light can run on A/C power or battery power using 2x Sony-compatible NP-F series batteries (sold separately). YN900 adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great help to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming. You will not experience flickering or any other negative effect with this LED light.
YONGNUO YN900 3200-5500K FEATURES
- A 2-digit LED display to indicate power settings and other information.
- Multiple rear-panel buttons for settings and adjustments.
- A large power button/knob … press for on/off or turn to adjust levels.
- Built-in folding barn doors.
- A slot for diffusers or gels. (YN900 is equipped with 2 color temperature filters so it can be used under different conditions.)
- A remote controller which can independently address up to 8 fixtures. (The fixture has sensors on both the front and back side).
- An automatic cooling fan (low noise fan).
- The YN900 LED adopts the latest LED driving technology, which ensures the light not appear as corrugated, stroboscopic or manifest any other negative phenomena when shooting. Moreover, it effectively improves the conversion efficiency.
- The YN900 LED light is formed by 900 lamp beads (450 with 5500k color temperature and another 450 with 3200K color temperature). The lamp beads of extra-large luminous chips, with higher brightness at same energy consumption
- There is a choice of “coarse” or “fine” setting via a toggle button on the rear of the light. In “coarse” mode, the power is adjusted in increments of 10, while in “fine” mode it is by 1. This setting affects how the light responds to the remote control as well.
- External Power Supply – It is recommended to use Yongnuo power adapter with YN900 to obtain lasting service time. When using external power supply, the video light will stop the battery power supply automatically and will not get the battery charged. The external power supply interface outside is positive and the interface inside is negative. The input voltage is 19V and the electric current is 5A. Note: If YN900 becomes defective when used with power adapter of other brands, YN900 will no longer be guaranteed for repair.
- Remote Control with Mobile APP – This product supports mobile phone remote controlling (supports Android 4.3 and bluetooth 4.0 versions / IOS 7.0 and iPhone4S and above mobile phones), APP can be downloaded from our download page or through the dimensional code scanning on the gift box.
- Remote Dimming Mode – The wireless remote controller can adjust the luminous intensity and control the switches of YN900. The maximum remote controlling distance is up to 15 meters.
YONGNUO YN900 SPECIFICATIONS
|Light source||900 LED beads|
|Luminance angle||55 degrees|
|Mobile Phone Remote Distance||>15m|
|Remote Control Distance||>15m|
|Average Service Life||50 000 hours|
|Power Supply||2 lithium batteries or external 19V, 5A DC power supply (not included)|
|Dimensions||260 x 188 x 48 mm|
YONGNUO YN900 compatible batteries:
Yongnuo YN900 uses 2x Sony NP-F series batteries. AA size alcaline or NiMH are not supported. You can not power up the reflector by using only 1 battery. It is necessary to use 2x NP-F batteries at the same time.
Sony NP-F series: NP-F750; NP-F550; NP-F950/B; NP-F530; NP-F970; NP-F970/B; NP-F570; NP-F770; NP-F960; NP-F930; NP-F930/B; NP-F950; NP-F330.
Yongnuo YN900 3200-5500K LED – Package includes:
- 1x Yongnuo YN900 3200-5500K LED Video light
- 1x Remote Controller
- 1x Hand Grip
- 2x CT Filters
- 1x User Manual