Meike 25mm f/1.8 Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Cameras
Meike 25mm f/1.8 Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Cameras is an excellent general use lens. It is one of the most affordable wide-angle prime lenses for Canon EOS M mirrorless cameras. It is a manual focus lens capable of an impressively high level of sharpness with an almost complete resistance to flare. As a creative tool, it is hard to fault at the price.
The lens features a metal lens mount, and a metal exterior. In terms of build quality, it’s punching well above its weight. The lens itself is comprised of 7 elements in 5 groups, with multi-layer coatings. Meike 25mm f/1.8 is a fully manual lens with aperture control on the lens and manual focusing ring. The lens feels very solid and sturdy. The frosted metal construction makes it resistant to dust, and steam while the multi-layer nano coating helps overcome the problem of flare or fuzzy light.
The aperture range spans to f/1.8 – f/16, so if you’re shooting video an ND filter is advised. Otherwise the shutter speed can run wild on a bright day. But We feel that the positive payoff of this is that the lens performs brilliantly across the entire spectrum. It’s sharp throughout, and the depth of field you can achieve is really pleasing.
With the click-free aperture, the tactile focus ring, and the robust performance in challenging lighting conditions, this lens is wonderful for video. The full manual focus makes focus pulling a breeze, and you can get some impressive results. The focus and aperture rings are well spaced, and have a very distinct feel to them. The focus ring has notches, much like the vintage Minolta lenses, and the aperture ring has lines in the metal for grip, but is otherwise smooth and click-free. Because of this, the learning curve with this lens is incredibly quick, especially if you’re used to manual focusing.
Being very affordable , the Meike 25mm F1.8 is a pleasant surprise, with excellent build quality, easy handling and really good performances.
Meike 25mm f/1.8 Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Cameras Features:
- This 25mm f/1.8 lens is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 40mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- Multi-layer nano coating has been applied in order to suppress ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design along with a manual aperture ring offer precise control over both focus and exposure.
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Image Stabilization: No
- Optical Design: 7 Elements Arranged in 5 Groups
- Metal Mount
- Weight: 6.7 oz / 190 g
- Angle of View: 61°
- Minimum focus distance: 25cm
|Camera mount type
|Canon EF-M mount
|7 elements / 5 groups
|49 mm (Front)
|Minimum Focus Distance
|9.84″ / 25 cm
|2.38 x 1.61″ / 60.5 x 40.9 mm
|6.7 oz / 190 g
Meike 25mm f/1.8 Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Cameras is compatible with all Canon APS-C EF-M Mount cameras: Canon EOS M, M2, M3, M10, M50, M100 etc
In the Box:
- Meike 25mm f/1.8 Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Cameras
- Rear lens cap
- Front lens cap
- Lens Pouch
- Microfiber Cloth
- Original box