Yongnuo RF-603N II | Wireless radio triggers for Nikon
Yongnuo RF-603N II are long awaited updated version of RF-603 manual flash triggers. The RF-603N II are the follow up to the original and very popular inexpensive RF-603 2.4GHz radio flash triggers. And the Mark II finally rectify many of the basic shortcomings of the original RF603 and RF-602 triggers.
The original RF-602 (released back in mid 2009) were the first really good and reliable inexpensive manual flash triggers. But the RF-602 always had their shortcomings though too, and the later RF-603, while rectifying a few issues and adding some features, also added more obvious shortcomings as well.
The RF-603 II now look to finally rectify most of those issues, providing what should be a very capable and convenient trigger now at the low price point.
If you are looking for a transmitter unit for the popular Yongnuo YN560 III, YN560 IV or YN660 manual flashes (these flash speedlites have an RF-603 receiver built in), the RF-603N II might be the best option, if you are not interested in a little bit more expensive Yongnuo YN560-TX commander.
This RF-603N II Remote Flash Trigger Kit from Yongnuo features two 16 channel, 2.4 GHz transceivers as well as a shutter release cable for remote triggering of Nikon cameras. Each transceiver has a male camera shoe on the bottom as well as a female hot shoe on top for triggering a flash unit. The system has a wireless range of 100m and can sync at speeds up to 1/320 second. Additionally, it has a dual-function shutter release with half-press and full-press capabilities.
The transceivers can be placed in either single transmit or transceiver modes depending on your needs and can wake up flash units and cameras. Also, it has 2.5mm and PC sync ports for using additional cables in order to connect studio flashes or to different cameras. This kit comes with a shutter release cable. Also, each trigger runs on 2 AAA batteries.
Features which are improved over RF-603 first version:
- Higher sync speed than first generation – The highest flash sync speed is up to 1/320 second (some models may reach only 1/250s or less. That depends on combination of camera and flash used). HSS is still not supported.
- Added Locking rings on trigger foot – RF-603 first version and flash on top would fall off the camera
- Improved Flash / Shutter control Buttons
- Pass Through Hot-shoe now usable – though still manual only, no TTL.
- Power Switch Finally Moved to the Side – was blocked by the flash on RF-602 & RF-603
- 300v Safe Trigger Voltage for hotshoe and PC sync port – 602/603 where low 12 volt safe limit.
- Working for more non Canon/Nikon cameras and single firing pin cameras – All Standard Hot shoe DSLR Cameras except Sony and Minolta (Note: Canon camera users should choose RF-603 II Canon version, Nikon Camera users should choose RF-603 II Nikon version, other camera brands users may choose any version).
- Adding the power switch for single transmitter – Set the power switch to TX (transmitter mode) or TRX (transmit-receive automatic mode) state according to different shooting requirements. When used as wireless triggering transmitter and flash testing, set to “TX”;
When used as wireless triggering receiver, using shutter release or other extended functions, set to “TRX”.
set to OFF to turn off the power.
- RF-603N 2nd version is fully compatible with 1st version – You can combine those 2 triggers without problems. Also, the RF-603 II Nikon version and Canon version can be used together
Yongnuo RF-603N II FEATURES
- Yongnuo RF-603N II triggers cover a range of up to 100m.
- Yongnuo RF-603N II triggers can fire speedlites in Manual mode only
- RF-603N II triggers are powered by 2x AAA batteries (alcaline or NiMH)
- Transceiver-Design: a single unit can be both transmitter and receiver
- Transmitter supports additional devices in his hot shoe
- Triggers do not support HSS (high speed sync)
- 16 channels available
- Remote shutter release function – RF603N II triggers can be used to trigger camera remotely.
- Shutter release: half-press, full-press
- Shutter interface: 2.5mm socket
- Studio flash light interface: standard PC socket
- Max Sync Speed: 1/320 second
Yongnuo RF-603N II SPECIFICATIONS
|Range||328′ (100 m)|
|TTL Dedication||TTL not supported|
|Sync mode||1st curtain|
|Max sync speed||1/320 sec, depending on camera used|
|Interface||Output: Hot shoe, PC port|
Input: Hot shoe
|Battery||2 x AAA batteries|
|Battery life||Standby: 45 hours|
|Dimensions||3.2 x 1.4 x 1.2″ (81.5 x 37.0 x 30 mm)|
|Weight||40g (one trigger)|
|Package Weight||0.35 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.3 x 3.6 x 1.9″|
Yongnuo RF-603N II COMPATIBLE WITH:
Yongnuo RF-603N II triggers come in 2 versions. Different versions have different shutter release cable so you can choose the related cable to fit your camera. Triggers are the same, only cable is different to fit different camera models
- D800 / D810 / D700 / D300 / D2X / D2H / D200 / D1H / D1X / D3X / D3…
- N90s / F5 / F6 / F100…
- Fuji Film: S5 Pro / S3 Pro…
- Kodak: DSC-14N…
- Nikon D90 / D600 / D610 / D7100 / D7000 / D5100 / D5000 / D3100 / D3000 / D7200 / D3200 / D3300 / D5200 / D5300…
Please specify the version at checkout
Yongnuo RF-603N II – Package includes:
- 2x Yongnuo RF-603N II transceivers for Nikon
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original Yongnuo Box
- 1x 2.5mm shutter release cable (N1 or N3 version, please specify in checkout note)