Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.8 | Prime lens for Canon
Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.8 is the 1st lens for Canon DSLR cameras from Yongnuo. This lens is great alternative to more expensive Canon 50mm 1.8 lens. Like Yongnuo’s other lenses, this new 50mm f/1.8 brings huge cost savings and is geared toward thrifty photographers who want to add a particular focal length without breaking the bank. It has a minimum focusing distance of 0.45m, a 52mm filter thread, autofocus and manual focus modes, a 7-blade circular aperture, electronics for communicating EXIF data to the camera, multi-coating for anti-ghosting and anti-flare, and gold-plated metal contacts.
Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.8 is a compact normal-angle prime lens designed for Canon EF-mount DSLRs. It combines the popular 50mm focal length with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of situations. Multi-coated glass elements reduce the effects of lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color accuracy. An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel permits quick switching between focusing methods, and the lens can focus as closely as 0.45m to suit photographing close-up subjects. Very compact and lightweight in design. Additionally, gold-plated contacts permit working with all exposure modes as well as transferring lens information to the EXIF data. A tried-and-true lens construction with design enhancements to benefit handling, this lens is an ideal walk-around lens for everyday shooting.
Lightweight and sharp 50 mm prime lens made by Yongnuo with very fast f/1.8 aperture. Add to this the excellent price and you have excellent value lens that can be added to any camera kit. Ideally suited to upgrade from standard camera kit lenses, this lens provides improved sharpness, speed and color rendition
The Yongnuo 50mm f/1.8 covers a 80mm equivalent focal length on an APS-C body and comprises 6 elements in 5 groups, just like the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. But rather than the Canon’s 5-blade aperture, Yongnuo offers 7 blades.
There are many reasons why you should buy fast 50mm prime lens:
- Great for low light photography – with the wide aperture of f/1.8, especially going from your typical kit lens which is usually f/5.6, this lens gives you 3 stops or EIGHT times (2x2x2) more light coming through the lens opening. This allows you to use either a faster shutter speed and avoid camera shake, or a lower ISO and avoid the noise you get from higher ISOs, or a combination of both.
- Great value, low cost – at a price below $100 it might be the best choice for the first lens investment
- Light weight – with a weight of only 120 grams there is no reason to leave this lens at home. That means even when you don’t want to haul a whole bag full of stuff around, you can easily grab your camera and the Nifty Fifty and go. No excuses!
- Killer bokeh – prime lenses typically produce nicer bokeh (how the lens renders out of focus areas) than most zooms, and with the f1.8 aperture you can make some really nice bokeh. Bright lights, off in the background, twinkle with this little lens!
- Sharpness – prime or fixed focal length lenses are usually inherently sharper than zoom lenses, partly due to there being less moving parts inside the lens, and less lens elements. You will also experience increased sharpness due to the wider aperture which allows, as I mentioned above, being able to shoot at faster shutter speeds and lower ISO. Being able to get a fast enough shutter speed to eliminate camera shake, or freeze a moving subject has a lot to do with getting sharper images as does minimizing noise.
- It’s versatile – the 50mm lens is a great street shooting lens, not too wide, not too long. On a cropped or APS-C sensor (any non full frame camera body) it is also a great portrait lens, just long enough to remove distortion from your subject’s face and flatter them a bit more, not so long you need to stand across the street.
- Great for traveling – because it’s light weight, and is a fast lens (big aperture f/1.8) the 50mm is a great addition to your bag for trips. 50mm f1.8 fills the bill for low light photograph that the other zoom lenses can’t because of their aperture limitations. Plus it weighs practically nothing, you don’t even know it’s in there.
YONGNUO YN50mm f/1.8 FEATURES
- Prime normal-angle lens designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used with APS-C-format DSLRs where it will provide a 80mm equivalent focal length.
- The 80mm equivalent focal range when mounted on APS-C crop sensor camera and the 7 blade aperture makes it ideal for portrait use
- The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also aids focus control for shallow depth of field imagery. F/1.8 large aperture helps to separate the subject from background
- Multi-coated glass elements increase contrast and maintain color accuracy by reducing flare and ghosting.
- An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel allows you to select focusing methods, with either setting allowing you to focus as closely as 0.45m away.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus techniques.
- Compact, lightweight design makes it convenient to carry everywhere.
- Gold-plated electronic contacts convey EXIF data between camera and lens and also permit working M, Av, Tv, and P shooting modes.
YONGNUO YN50mm f/1.8 SPECIFICATIONS
|Camera mount type||Canon EF|
|Lens Construction||6 elements / 5 groups|
|Angle of view||46 degrees|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.45m / 1.48ft|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.87 x 2.17″ (73 x 55 mm)|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||3.4 x 3.4 x 3.2″|
|Weight||4.23 oz (120 g)|
|Package weight||0.45 lb|
YONGNUO YN50mm f/1.8 compatible with:
Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.8 works well with all Canon EOS cameras with EF lens mount: Canon 6D, 5D mark II, 5D mark III, 5Ds, 5DsR, 7D mark II, 5D, 7D, 70D, 600D, 650D, 60D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 80D, 50D, 40D, 500D, 350D, 450D, 550D, 1100D, 1000D, T3, T3i, T5, T5i and other Canon EOS cameras not listed here
YONGNUO YN50mm f/1.8 – Package includes:
- 1 x Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.8 prime lens for Canon cameras
- 1 x Rear lens cap
- 1 x 52mm front lens cap
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Original box