Meike MK-14EXT | Macro ring light for Nikon
Meike MK-14EXT is a great macro ring flash for Nikon DSLR cameras. Meike’s latest ring flash provides all the features and power you’d expect in a high priced ring flash at only a fraction of the cost. Full i-TTL functionality for Nikon cameras makes this ring flash a must have. MK-14EXT is a perfect tool for macro shooting or as a portrait ring flash as well.
The build quality of the Meike MK-14EXT is nice, probably better than you expect from the flash with low price tag. The most important feature, brightness, will satisfy the needs of serious macro shooting. MK-14EXT definitely lets you max out your f-stop and ISO. You will be able to easily shoot at ISO 100 1/250 sec. and f/16 (or smaller aperture)
Meike MK-14EXT is compatible with all Nikon cameras featuring i-TTL metering for automatically setting accurate exposures and it has a guide number of 14m at ISO 100 for good light output. The twin-tube design also allows users to set each side to different power ratios, enabling higher contrast lighting when desired. And, it has LED lamps for AF assist in low light.
Meike MK-14EXT FEATURES
- Meike MK-14EXT supports i-TTL autoflash – MK-14EXT supports Exposure Compensation, FEB, Rear-curtain sync, FE lock, Modeling Light…
- Ring type double lamp macro flash – MK-14EXT supports flash ratios. Flash tubes A and B can be adjusted together or separately, which can create shadow on the subject to make the photo with engraving effect.
- Large size LCD display – Equipped with large size LCD display, the flash functions can be checked and set more easily, which is more convenient for use
- AF assist light – Ring flash is equipped with high brightness focus assist light to help camera focus in low light conditions.
- MK-14EXT can be used with lenses with different filter size – You get 8 different lens ring adapters to match the filter size of different lenses.
- Sound prompt system – When the sound prompt system is enabled, different sound alerts will prompt different working conditions of the speedlite allowing you to focus on shooting process (Note: the sound can be turned off).
- High speed recycling system – The recycling time for full output takes just 3 seconds; you can get high speed current-return experience even without brand new batteries, which will take only 4-5 seconds.
- Equipped with external power socket – MK-14EXT is equipped with external power socket to meet higher demand for recycling time so you no longer miss the wonderful moments. For this purpose use compact battery pack Canon CP-E4
- Automatic settings saving – MK-14EXT can automatically save your current operating settings to make your next use easier.
Meike MK-14EXT SPECIFICATIONS
|Circuit design||Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT)|
|Guide Number||45.93′ (14 m) ISO100|
|Flash mode||i-TTL, Manual, Multi|
|Angle of Coverage||80 degrees in all directions|
|Package weight||1.36 lb / 620g|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.5 x 11 x 16.5cm / 5.7 x 4.3 x 6.5in|
|Filter Thread||40.5mm-77mm (8 adapters included)|
|Power supply||4×AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are supported)|
|Lighting times||100-800 times (AA alkaline cell used)|
|Recycle time||approx 3s (AA alkaline cell used)|
|Flash ratio control||With the precision of 1/2 EV within the range of 8:1 – 1:1 – 1:1:8|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control ( 1/128 – 1/1 ), 27 levels of fine tuning|
|External interface||hot shoe, PC sync port, external power socket|
|Net weight||14.03 oz / 398 g|
Meike MK-14EXT – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Meike MK-14EXT is compatible with all Nikon cameras (i-TTL autoflash): Nikon D810, D800, D800E, D2 series, D3 series, D4 series, D5, D700, D750, D610, D600, D300s, D300, D200, D7100, D7000, D90, D80,D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300 and other Nikon DSLR cameras not mentioned here
Meike MK-14EXT – Package includes:
- 1x Meike MK-14EXT TTL Macro Ring Flash for Nikon
- 8x Adapter rings (40.5mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm)
- 1x Protection carrying bag
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original box