Pixel King Pro for Canon | Wireless radio triggers
Pixel King Pro for Canon is a 3rd generation of these TTL and HSS enabled 2.4GHz radio triggers for Canon system. King Pro radio triggers are released together with the new Pixel X800C Pro flash speedlite, with compatible radio transceiver built inside. 3rd generation of Pixel TTL triggers brings a major change in the physical build, as well as the functionality over the previous Kings. The new built in interface dramatically simplifies use, and this is one very versatile unit now. The King Pro triggers are compatible with Canon cameras that support E-TTL II.
Pixel King Pro for Canon wireless radio trigger set consists of separate transmitter and receiver units, with King X receivers being compatible with MK II style Canon compatible speedlites like the 580EX II and 600EX-RT etc, as well as Canon E-TTL compatible flashes like Pixel’s own X800C Standard for example.
With the transmitter you are able to control the power of three different groups. It is also possible to mix TTL and manual modes simultaneously. The Pixel King Pro share a number of features with most other TTL triggers currently available on the market, such as HSS and TTL, but also manages to distinguish itself among the competition. On the transmitter a TTL pass-through hot-shoe can be found and it is possible to set a HSS pre-sync timing.
The new King Pro now has an elaborate metal frame inside the plastic case, providing a solid metal connection from the foot underneath, right through to the hot-shoe on top. So all screws for the foot and hot-shoe are threaded securely into metal, instead of the softer plastic case as most other triggers generally are.
This is most likely designed to reinforce the pass through hotshoe, and for a flash mounted on top of the camera where the case can receive the most stress. Though this appears to be intended as a more solid receiver option as well.
Pixel King Pro for Canon wireless flash triggers FEATURES
- Compatible Cameras: Canon EOS DSLR cameras (e-TTL II autoflash).
- 2.4G wireless transmission, operating distance can reach up to 300 meters.
- More Stable and Reliable Processing and Software
- King Pro triggers provide a full GR Group style interface allowing up to 3 Groups to be individually set to either TTL, Manual, or Off, meaning that TTL and Manual Groups can be conveniently mixed together as needed.
- Pixel King Pro radio triggers provide TTL, HSS (High Speed Sync) and most of the features comparable popular TTL triggers provide.
- New interface means older cameras without a flash control menu still have full function
- Metal Frame Structure inside the King Pro for Greater Strength
- King Pro triggers support all e-TTL functions such as FEC, FEL, modeling-light…
- Combined FEC from Camera and Trigger = up to 6 stops +/- FEC
- E-TTL Pass Through Hotshoe allows an E-TTL or Manual flash mounted On-camera
- Super Sync up to 1/8000th with compatible monolights
- Zoom setting of the remote flashes can be adjusted via transmitter.
- Canon ETTL ratios A:B and A:B C can be selected.
- King Pro features a Transceiver design, so it can be Transmitter or Receiver.
- King Pro features two-color LED backlight, so it is more easily to distinguish Master and Slave Mode
- Manual power setting can be made directly on the flash, overriding the transmitter set to ETTL
- The Pixel King Pro receivers 2.5mm Sync Port can be used for wired and wireless shutter release, as well as firing studio strobes
- 2 color LED Backlight for Master and Slave
- USB Port for Firmware Updates – Now quicker and easier, and supports Windows and Mac
Pixel King Pro radio flash triggers SPECIFICATIONS
|Range||984′ (300 m)|
|TTL Dedication||E-TTL II|
|Channels||15 Fixed Channels and 1 Auto Channel|
|Flash modes||TTL, manual|
|Sync mode||1st curtain, 2nd curtain sync, high-speed sync|
|Max sync speed||1/8000 sec|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||±3 stops 1/3 stop increments|
|Power supply||2 x AA batteries|
|AF assist light||No|
|Standby time||200h transmitter, 250h receiver|
|Continuous work time||100h transmitter, 120h receiver|
|Firmware upgrade||Supported via USB port|
|Display||LCD display with back light|
Pixel King Pro triggers – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Pixel King Pro for Canon flash triggers are compatible with all current Canon EOS cameras with e-TTL II autoflash: 1DSeries, 5DSeries, 6D, 7D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 60D, 70D, 700D, 1100D, 1000D, 650D, 600D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, 100D and other Canon EOS DSLR cameras
Older cameras without a flash control menu at all should still be compatible and have full functions as well now.
Flash speedlites compatible with Pixel King Pro triggers: Canon, Metz, Pixel, Yongnuo. Flash speedlites of other brands will also probably work, but we can not say for sure since we did not test them all. Mark one Canon flashes may work in E-TTL only, but definitely not remote power control or zoom settings.
Note: The Pixel Opas and Bishop manual triggers are not compatible with the King Pro (as they are with the previous Kings).
Pixel King Pro triggers – Package includes:
- 1 x Pixel King Pro wireless transmitter for Canon
- 1 x Pixel King X wireless receiver for Canon
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Original box