Pixel X800N Standard | Flash Speedlite for Nikon
Pixel X800N Standard is a fully featured i-TTL and HSS enabled flash speedlite for Nikon DSLR cameras. It is packed with an array of features including iTTL, Manual, and Stroboscopic modes, HSS, second curtain sync, wireless master and slave options… It has a high guide number of 60 which is the same as Nikon’s top model SB-910. For on-camera use, it provides nearly all of the functions of a Nikon SB910, though for a small fraction of the price.
Build quality of the flash can stand side to side with well known brands such as Canon, Nikon. Pixel really produces high quality products so the flash is really robust and firm, furthermore buttons are also really nicely positioned and pleasant to use. Overall build quality is much better than you would expect from the flash speedlite of this price tag.
If you are looking for a great value flash for on camera work then the Pixel X800N is definitely one to consider. X800N flash is great for the money. For off-camera use we suggest to go with the Pixel X800N Pro model which features Pixel King receiver built-in. 2.4GHz radio triggers are much more convenient and reliable than the Optic Wireless triggering system.
Pixel X800N Standard is fully compatible with Nikon i-TTL metering. It features a powerful guide number of 60m (ISO 100, 200mm) as well as an impressive zoom range of 20-200mm, along with a wide-angle diffuser for 14mm coverage on full-frame cameras. Bounce lighting is also possible with tilt from -7 to 90° and rotation left and right 180°. The X800N TTL exposures are very good and quite consistent, bounced or direct. Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) adjustments are working as they should
X800N has a recycle time of about 2.5 seconds and has high-speed sync, 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization settings. Also, it supports a multi flash stroboscopic mode for multiple flashes during a single exposure. It runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with a mini stand and diffuser cover.
The X800N (and similar Pixel flashes) are still quite clearly matching the Nikon SB900 for light output though. So the Pixel flashes can really match the Nikon SB-910 for power, where many other third party flashes are at at least 1/3 of a stop bellow.
Pixel X800N Standard FEATURES
- Pixel X800N Standard level lock clamping foot clamps tightly in the camera hot-shoe, and does not allow the flash to slop around any more than the original Nikon flash does.
- Interface and LCD screen display very simple and intuitive
- PC sync port for wired off-camera firing
- Optical transmission has access to 4 channels and 3 groups (A/B/C)
- Built-in pull-out bounce card for reflecting light forward when the flash is tilted upwards
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 with 29 total levels
- Stroboscopic mode of 1-500 Hz
- Supports Nikon Flash Control Menus
- Power saving mode and overheat protection
- Automatic setting saving remembers your last settings
- Excellent autofocus assist beam to help camera focus in low light conditions.
- X800N has a very high Guide Number of 60m (ISO100, 200mm). It supports High-speed Synchronization, i-TTL, manual flash mode. The highest synchronization speed is 1/8000s.
- Fast Clamping Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- Supports Wireless Optical Master and Slave modes – The X800N can work as a Master and Slave unit. It also supports S1 and S2 pre flash cancel modes.
- X800N supports auto and manual zooming, the flash coverage can be changed between AUTO, 20~200mm.
- Ultrafast charging recycle system. Also supports external power supply
- Equipped with big size LCD display. High definition dot matrix screen
Pixel X800N Standard SPECIFICATIONS
|Sync mode||HSS, 1st curtain sync, 2nd curtain sync|
|Guide Number||60 meters (ISO 100, 200mm)|
|Flash mode||TTL, Manual, MULTI|
|FEC / FEB||1/3rd Increments (±3 stops)|
|Optic wireless mode||Optical Master and Optical Slave modes|
S1 and S2 basic optic slave modes
|Optical triggering distance||up to 20m|
|Optical transmission channels||4|
|Zoom range||20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105, 135, 200mm (14mm with wide angle diffuser card)|
|Vertical rotation angle||-7~90 degrees – tilt head with tilt lock button|
|Horizontal rotation angle||0~360 degrees – 180 degrees left/180 degrees right|
|Power supply||4×AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are supported)|
|Lighting times||180 times at full power(with Sanyo Eneloop batteries)|
|Recycle time||Less than 2.5 seconds with fully charged batteries|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 29 levels of fine tuning (1/3rd increments)|
|External interface||hot shoe, PC sync port, external battery port, USB port for firmware upgrades|
|Additional features||High-Speed sync, Second-curtain sync, FEC, FEB, FEV, manual zoom,|
auto zoom, sound prompt, custom settings, automatically saving setting, PC port,
power saving mode and over heat protection, large clear dot matrix LCD screen, LCD back light can be kept On
|Dimensions||78 × 60 × 193 mm (Extended state)|
|Net weight||14.39 oz / 408 g (without batteries)|
Pixel X800N Standard – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Pixel X800N is compatible with all Nikon DSLR cameras (i-TTL autoflash): Nikon D810, D800, D800E, D700, D750, D610, D600, D300s, D300, D200, D7100, D7000, D90, D80,D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300 and other Nikon DSLR cameras not mentioned here
Pixel X800N Standard – Package includes:
- 1x Pixel X800N Standard flash speedlite for Nikon
- 1x Protection bag
- 1x Mini stand
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original box
- 1x Diffuser cover as a gift