Shanny SN600SN | Speedlite Flash for Nikon
Shanny SN600SN is the current mid-range Shanny flash, and basically a slightly upgraded version of the basic SN600N model. SN600SN is a fully featured i-TTL hot-shoe speedlite flash for Nikon DSLR cameras. The SN600SN basically provides the functions of a Nikon SB-910, though wrapped in a body almost identical to the Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite. Shanny SN600SN provides Nikon Optic Wireless Master and Slave modes.
The SN600SN supports HSS (high-speed sync), 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization modes and has a high guide number of 60(ISO100, 200mm). For on-camera use, it provides nearly all of the functions of a Nikon SB910, though for a small fraction of the price.
If you are looking for a great value flash for on camera work then the Shanny SN600SN is definitely one to consider. SN600SN flash is great for the money. When you factor in the price then it’s an absolute bargain. Shanny SN600SN is very impressive for the remarkably low price compared to the Nikon SB910. The power can really match the Nikon flash, and recycle is equally fast. HSS provides more light than the SB910 flash, and the SN600SN even outperformed the SB900 in shots before heat protection cut in.
Shanny SN600SN is fully compatible with Nikon i-TTL metering. It features a powerful guide number of 60m (ISO 100, 200mm) as well as an impressive zoom range of 20-200mm, along with a wide-angle diffuser for 14mm coverage on full-frame cameras. Bounce lighting is also possible with tilt from -7 to 90° and rotation left and right 180°. The SN600SN TTL exposures are very good and quite consistent, bounced or direct. Flash Expsoure Compensation (FEC) adjustments are working as they should
SN600SN has a recycle time of about 2 seconds and has high-speed sync, 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization settings. Also, it supports a multi flash stroboscopic mode for multiple flashes during a single exposure. It runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with a mini stand and diffuser cover.
The build quality of the SN600SN (and all similar Shanny flashes) appears really excellent. The case is almost identical to the Canon 600EX-RT, though you can notice that the plastic is just a little bit less refined, and the main dial and buttons just a little harder to operate, which is still much better than you would expect from the speedlite flash of this price tag.
The SN600SN (and similar Shanny flashes) are still quite clearly matching the Nikon SB910 for light output though. So the Shanny flashes can really match the Nikon SB910 for power, where many other third party flashes are at at least 1/3 of a stop bellow.
Shanny SN600SN FEATURES
- Shanny SN600SN level lock clamping foot clamps tightly in the camera hot-shoe, and does not allow the flash to slop around any more than the original Nikon flash does.
- Interface and LCD screen display very similar to the original Canon 600EX-RT
- PC sync port for wired off-camera firing
- Optical transmission has access to 4 channels and 3 groups (A/B/C)
- Built-in pull-out bounce card for reflecting light forward when the flash is tilted upwards
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 with 29 total levels
- Stroboscopic mode of 1-199 Hz for 1-199 flashes
- Power saving mode and overheat protection
- Automatic setting saving remembers your last settings
- Autofocus assist beam to help camera focus in low light conditions.
- SN600SN has a very high Guide Number of 60m (ISO100, 200mm). It supports High-speed Synchronization, i-TTL and manual flash modes. The highest synchronization speed is 1/8000s.
- Fast Clamping Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- Supports Wireless Optical Master and Slave modes – The SN600SN can work as a master or slave unit in Nikon optical wireless system. It also supports S1 and S2 pre flash cancel modes.
- SN600SN supports auto and manual zooming, the flash coverage can be changed between AUTO, 20~200mm.
- Ultrafast charging recycle system. Also supports external power supply
- Equipped with big size LCD display
Shanny SN600SN SPECIFICATIONS
|Sync mode||HSS, 1st curtain sync, 2nd curtain sync|
|Guide Number||60 meters (ISO 100, 200mm)|
|Flash mode||i-TTL, Manual, MULTI|
|Optic wireless mode||Master and Slave modes for Nikon Optical wireless system|
S1 and S2 basic optic slave modes
|Optical triggering distance||up to 20m|
|Optical transmission channels||4|
|Zoom range||20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105, 135, 200mm (14mm with wide angle diffuser card)|
|Vertical rotation angle||-7~90 degrees – tilt head with tilt lock button|
|Horizontal rotation angle||0~360 degrees – full 360 degrees swivel head|
|Power supply||4×AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are supported)|
|Multiple flash groups||A/B/C flash groups|
|Flash ratio||8:1 to 1:1 to 1:8|
|Recycle time||from 1.8 seconds with fully charged batteries|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 29 levels of fine tuning|
|External interface||hot shoe, PC sync port, external battery port|
|Additional features||High-Speed sync, Second-curtain sync, FEC, FEB, FEL, manual zoom,|
auto zoom, sound prompt, custom settings, automatically saving setting, PC port,
power saving mode and over heat protection, large clear dot matrix LCD screen, LCD back light can be kept on
|Dimensions||79.7 x 142.9 x 125.4 mm|
|Net weight||14.81 oz / 420 g (without batteries)|
Shanny SN600SN – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Shanny SN600SN is compatible with all Nikon cameras (i-TTL autoflash): Nikon D810, D800, D800E, D700, D750, D610, D600, D300s, D300, D200, D7100, D7000, D90, D80,D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300 and other Nikon DSLR cameras not mentioned here
Shanny SN600SN – Package includes:
- 1x Shanny SN600SN speedlite flash for Nikon
- 1x Mini stand
- 1x Protection bag
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original box