Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 II Lens for Canon (White)
Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 II Lens in white color for Canon EF mount cameras is an upgrade to the original Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 lens. The new version is improved in many ways and a little bit more expensive, although still about half the price of Canon’s EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. It is an excellent choice for the first lens investment for every Canon shooter.
YN50mm lens features a 7-blade aperture for beautiful soft blurred backgrounds with circular defocused spots as well as 14-star effect if you stop down the aperture. It features bright f/1.8 aperture, has a minimum focusing distance of 35cm, a 58mm filter thread, autofocus and manual focus modes, electronics for communicating EXIF data to the camera, multi-coating for anti-ghosting and anti-flare and gold-plated metal contacts. Other features of the YN 50mm f/1.8 II include an electromagnetic aperture (supports M/Av/Tv/P/B shooting modes), glass optics, multi layer coatings for increasing light transmittance while controlling ghosting and glare, and a durable metal mount.
Yongnuo YN50mm f/1.8 II is a compact standard focal length prime lens designed for Canon Full-Frame and APS-C cameras. It combines the popular 50mm focal length with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of situations. Multi-coated glass elements reduce the effects of lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color accuracy. An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel permits quick switching between focusing methods, and the lens can focus as closely as 0.35m to suit photographing close-up subjects. The lens is very compact. Additionally, gold-plated contacts permit working with all exposure modes as well as transferring lens information to the EXIF data. A tried-and-true lens construction with design enhancements to benefit handling, this lens is an ideal walk-around lens for everyday shooting.
The lens is designed to work on both cropped-sensor and full-frame cameras from Canon. On APS-C sensors, the lens is equivalent to a 80mm lens, which is an excellent focal distance for portraiture. 50mm lens is a must have for every serious photographer. Its large aperture of f/1.8 is great for low-light photography and the shallow depth of field helps isolate subjects from the background, beautifully rendering background highlights.
The Yongnuo 50mm f/1.8 covers a 80mm equivalent focal length on an APS-C body and comprises 6 elements in 5 groups. 50mm is a favorite lens of many photographers. It is sharp, delivers wonderful color and is very useful in many ways.
There are many reasons why you should buy fast 50mm prime lens:
- Ideal for low light photography – with the wide aperture of f/1.8, especially going from your typical kit lens which is usually f/5.6, this lens gives more than 3 stops more light coming through the lens opening. This allows you to use either a faster shutter speed and avoid camera shake, or a lower ISO and avoid the noise you get from higher ISOs, or a combination of both.
- Great value, low cost – at a price below $100 it might be the best choice for the first lens investment
- Beautiful bokeh – prime lenses typically produce smoother bokeh (how the lens renders out of focus areas) than most zooms, and with the f1.8 aperture you can make some really nice bokeh. Bright lights, off in the background, twinkle with this little lens!
- Sharpness – prime or fixed focal length lenses are usually inherently sharper than zoom lenses, partly due to there being less moving parts inside the lens, and less lens elements. You will also experience increased sharpness due to the wider aperture which allows, as I mentioned above, being able to shoot at faster shutter speeds and lower ISO. Being able to get a fast enough shutter speed to eliminate camera shake, or freeze a moving subject has a lot to do with getting sharper images as does minimizing noise.
- It’s versatile – the 50mm lens is a great street shooting lens, not too wide, not too long. On a cropped or APS-C sensor (any non full frame camera body) it is also a great portrait lens, just long enough to remove distortion from your subject’s face and flatter them a bit more, not so long you need to stand across the street.
- Great for traveling – because it’s universal focal length, and a big aperture of f/1.8, the 50mm is a great addition to your bag for trips. 50mm 1.8 fills the bill for low light photograph that the other zoom lenses can’t because of their aperture limitations.
Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 II Lens for Canon Features:
- Focal length: 50mm
- Mount: Canon EF
- Format: Full Frame
- Focus Type: Autofocus
- Image Stabilization: No
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7
- Angle of view: 46°
- Optics: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Minimum focus distance: 1.15′ / 35 cm
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Dimensions: 2.95 x 2.01″ / 75 x 51 mm
- Weight: 5.71 oz / 162 g
- Firmware update available through select cameras for easy updates.
- Chrome-plated metal mount is durable and resistant to corrosion.
|Camera mount type||Canon EF mount|
|Lens Construction||6 elements / 5 groups|
|Angle of view||46°|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1.15′ / 35 cm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||2.95 x 2.01″ / 75 x 51 mm|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.3 x 4.3 x 3.8″|
|Weight||5.71 oz / 162 g|
|Package weight||0.6 lb|
Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 II Lens for Canon is compatible with all Canon cameras, both full frame and APS-C (Crop).
- Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 II Lens for Canon full frame and crop cameras
- Rear lens cap
- 58mm front lens cap
- Original box