Yongnuo YN1200 5500K Pro LED Video Light
Yongnuo YN1200 5500K is the most powerful LED light from Yongnuo and one of the best on the market. This YN1200 5500K model features 1200 LEDs with a color temp of 5,500K (daylight). Yongnuo also produces YN1200 3200-5500K bi-color model which features 2 sets of 600 LEDs (600 LEDs of 3200K and another 600 LEDs of 5500K). 5500K only model is clearly brighter, but you don’t have the ability to set color temperature in 3200-5500K range. However, 3200K color temperature filter is supplied in standard package so you can use this LED light under different environments.
Yongnuo YN1200 LED panel is brilliantly made, and for its price and features, unbeatable. Yongnuo YN1200 LED light is too cheap for what it offers. You could easily buy seven of these for the price of one Litepanels Astra for example
YN1200 is a compact, lightweight and affordable LED light designed to be mounted on light stands. It is not meant to be used as a camera toplight like YN300 models. It’s powered by two or four Sony NP-F battery, the type that you get with a Z1 or Z5 camcorder. It features four hinged barndoors. Standard package includes 2 CT filters, one clear diffusion and one colored (3200K). If you are using this light at maximum power then it’s definitely worth putting diffusion filter in. The light is so bright at maximum power that you will need to back it off a bit using the brightness dial on the back of the unit.
Yongnuo YN1200 LED light is pretty intense and certainly powerful enough to compensate for a degree of daylight behind your subject, enabling a lower exposure setting on the camera and therefore fewer clipped highlights in the background
The light can run on A/C power or battery power using up to four Sony-compatible NP-F series batteries (sold separately). YN1200 adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great job to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts double encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming. You will not experience flickering or any other negative effect with this LED light.
Yongnuo YN1200 5500K Features:
- Two 2-digit LED displays to indicate power settings and other information.
- Multiple rear-panel buttons for settings and adjustments.
- A large power button/knob … press for on/off or turn to adjust levels.
- Built-in folding barn doors.
- Accepts diffusers or gels by magnetic system. (YN1200 is equipped with 2 color temperature filters so it can be used under different conditions.)
- A 2.4GHz wireless remote controller which can independently address up to 8 groups. (The fixture has sensors on both the front and back side).
- An automatic cooling fan (low noise fan).
- The YN1200 LED adopts the latest LED driving technology, which ensures the light not appear as corrugated, stroboscopic or manifest any other negative phenomena when shooting. Moreover, it effectively improves the conversion efficiency.
- The YN1200 LED light is formed by 1200 lamp beads with 5500k color temperature. The lamp beads of extra-large luminous chips, with higher brightness at same energy consumption
- There is a choice of “coarse” or “fine” setting via a toggle button on the rear of the light. In “coarse” mode, the power is adjusted in increments of 10, while in “fine” mode it is by 1. This setting affects how the light responds to the remote control as well.
- External Power Supply – It is recommended to use Yongnuo power adapter with YN1200 to obtain lasting service time. When using external power supply, the video light will stop the battery power supply automatically and will not get the battery charged. The external power supply interface outside is positive and the interface inside is negative. The input voltage is 19V and the electric current is 5A. Note: If YN1200 becomes defective when used with power adapter of other brands, YN1200 will no longer be guaranteed for repair.
- Remote Control with Mobile APP – This product supports mobile phone remote controlling (supports Android 4.3 and bluetooth 4.0 versions / IOS 7.0 and iPhone4S and above mobile phones), APP can be downloaded from our download page or through the dimensional code scanning on the gift box.
- Remote Dimming Mode – The wireless remote controller can adjust the luminous intensity and control the switches of YN1200. The maximum remote controlling distance is up to 15 meters.
|1200 LED beads
|Color rendering index (CRI)
|Mobile Phone Remote Distance
|Remote Control Distance
|Average Service Life
|50 000 hours
|2-4 lithium batteries or external 19V, 5A DC power supply (not included)
|13.6 x 9.0 x 2.5″ (345 x 230 x 64 mm)
|3.7 lb (1.70 kg)
Yongnuo YN1200 uses up to 4 Sony NP-F series batteries. AA size alcaline or NiMH batteries are not supported.
Sony NP-F series: NP-F750; NP-F550; NP-F950/B; NP-F530; NP-F970; NP-F970/B; NP-F570; NP-F770; NP-F960; NP-F930; NP-F930/B; NP-F950; NP-F330.
- 1x Yongnuo YN1200 5500K LED Video light
- 1x Remote Controller
- 1x Hand Grip
- 2x CT Filters
- 1x User Manual