Yongnuo YN308 LED Bi-Color Video Ring Light 3200-5500K
Yongnuo YN308 LED Bi-Color Video Ring Light is a large diameter ring beauty light with no-frame design. It is a versatile ring LED light that provides a constant light source with a maximum output of 2356 lumens. YN308 is brilliantly made, and for its price and features, unbeatable. Yongnuo YN308 Ring LED Light is too cheap for what it offers.
Yongnuo YN308 Ring LED light is great choice for virtually every serious makeup artist on YouTube as it instantly enhances facial features and helps show the true colors of the skin as well as what products they are using. Ring lights are known for giving a subject a ring in their eyes. It’s a beautiful catch light that adds extra emphasis on the eyes: which is what so many portrait photographers try to do anyway. Ring lights provide some awesome light. They are very common with the fashion industry where they are used to create a glamorous look.
Yongnuo YN308 Ring LED light is formed by 154 LEDs with 5500K color temperature and another 154 LEDs with 3200K color temperature, 308 LEDs total. These are high-quality lamp beads of extra-large luminous chips, with higher brightness at same energy consumption. In addition, it adopts the latest LED driving technology, which ensures the light not appear as corrugated, stroboscopic or manifest any other negative phenomena when shooting. Moreover it effectively improves the conversion efficiency, adopts the encoder digital dimming mode, thus the camera light can be dimmed accurately and reliable, and will not lead to undesirable effects such as light shaking after long-time use.
The intensity of the YN308 Bi-Color Ring LED Light can be dimmed without altering the color temperature. This light can be powered via two Sony NP-F series batteries or an AC power supply (not included in standard package). Yongnuo also produces YN308 5500K only model which is brighter at 5500K, but this model does not have the ability to set color temperature in 3200-5500K range. YN308 is slightly less powered version of YN608 Ring Light but still more than powerful for most scenarios.
When it comes to operation you get bi-color Ring LED panel with adjustable color temperature from 3200K to 5500K and LEDs with CRI of 95 to make sure all colors are rendered in a natural manner. The LEDs don’t flicker and the reflector has built-in diffusion panel for even light distribution. At full blast, YN308 is powerful enough to compensate for a degree of daylight behind your subject, enabling a lower exposure setting on the camera and therefore fewer clipped highlights in the background
The light can run on A/C power or battery power using Sony-compatible NP-F series batteries (sold separately). YN308 adopts Yongnuo proprietary LED driving technology which does great help to avoid corrugation and stroboscopic flash. It also adopts encoder digital dimming system which helps to make accurate and reliable dimming. You will not experience flickering or any other negative effect with this LED light.
Yongnuo YN308 LED Bi-Color Video Ring Light 3200-5500K Features:
- Yongnuo YN308 Ring LED light is equipped with multi channel wireless remote controller which is used to adjust the color temperature and power output.
- A contoured handle and storage pouch are included.
- Very high CRI (color rendering index) of more than 95% for excellent color rendering ability. CRI >95% is very important for accurate color rendition.
- Yongnuo YN308 is equipped with the specialized diffuser to make the light soft and even.
- 154 daylight-balanced (5500K) LEDs and 154 tungsten-balanced (3200K) LEDs produce a soft, flattering light.
- Bi-color LED panel allows you to choose any color temperature in 3200-5500K range, therefore Yongnuo YN308 is suitable for use under different environments.
- Portable LED light designed for photo and video enthusiasts on the go
- There is a choice of “coarse” or “fine” setting via a remote controller. In “coarse” mode, the power is adjusted in increments of 10, while in “fine” mode it is by 1.
- 21″ diameter ring provides a large source that can be used to create a circular light pattern in your subject’s eyes.
- Power using two Sony NP-F750 series batteries or via an optional AC adapter (not included). Each battery powers half of the fixture’s LEDs, requiring two batteries to fully power the unit
|Number of LEDs||308|
|Light angle||55 degrees|
|Color rendering index (CRI)||95|
|Max power consumption||18.5 W|
|Average Service Life||50 000 hours|
|Power Supply||1 or 2 lithium batteries or external 8V, 5A DC power supply (not included)|
|Dimensions||20.7 x 20.7 x 1.8″ / 52.5 x 52.5 x 4.5 cm|
|Fixture Weight||2.05 lb / 930 g|
|Package Weight||3.9 lb / 1795 g|
Yongnuo YN308 Ring LED uses 2x Sony NP-F series batteries. AA size alcaline or NiMH are not supported.
Each battery powers half of the fixture’s LEDs, requiring two batteries to fully power the unit
Sony NP-F series: NP-F750; NP-F550; NP-F950/B; NP-F530; NP-F970; NP-F970/B; NP-F570; NP-F770; NP-F960; NP-F930; NP-F930/B; NP-F950; NP-F330.
- Yongnuo YN308 3200-5500K LED Ring light
- Hand grip / handle
- Protection case
- Remote controller
- User Manual