Shanny SN910TX | Wireless radio controller for Nikon
Shanny SN910TX is a dedicated transmitter for the Shanny speedlite flashes for Nikon which feature a 2.4GHz transceiver. For now there is only one W-CLS compatible speedlite from Shanny, SN910EX-RF, but Shanny intends to release more (and cheaper) models in the future similarly as they did for the Canon system. In the meantime, Shanny released a portable studio strobe that is compatible with SN910TX transmitter – Shanny VN300.
Made to be used with the Shanny SN910EX-RF flashes, the Shanny SN910TX Transmitter is a practical choice for every professional photographer. It offers a rapid sync speed of 1/8000 of a second and a radio transmission distance of about 50 m for triggering flashes with little effort. This transmitter supports a wide range of remote power and zooming controls, as well as other options such as exposure bracketing, flash exposure lock, modeling flash, AF assist light, and so on. Lastly, this transmitter is powered by two AA-type batteries.
Using the SN910TX as a transmitter is very similar to using a SN910EX-RF as a transmitter. It looks like Shanny has taken out the speedlite part of the SN910EX-RF and repacked the remaining components into a much smaller package. For instance we see the same type of locking hot shoe, AF-assist light and the same menu structure as we would see on the speedlite. SN910EX-RF users will find menus to be intuitive.
Shanny W-CLS system is good and reliable, irrespective of whether you are using the SN910TX or the SN910EX-RF as transmitter. As is the case with all TTL systems, TTL metering can be easily fooled when flashes are used off the camera axis, but the Shanny does just as well as other wireless TTL systems.
With the release of the SN910TX, the 2.4 GHz W-CLS system from Shanny has become a little bit more mature. If you already own one or even multiple SN910EX-RF speedlites then the SN910TX is highly recommended. It is much more convenient (and also cheaper) than using a speedlite flash as transmitter.
Shanny SN910TX FEATURES
- 3 Groups ( A/B/C)
- Mix TTL, Remote Manual, and Super Sync Groups
- Sync mode ( 1st curtain, 2nd curtain sync, Hi-speed sync ( Auto FP ) )
- Max Sync. Speed: 1/8000s
- Trigger Interface: Hot shoe
- Individual 1/3rd stop Manual Power and FEC adjustments
- Remote Flash Zoom in 3 groups, and Auto Zoom
- 2nd Curtain Sync, HSS, SuperSync
- USB port for Firmware Updates. Check the manufacturer firmware downloads page for the latest firmware version.
- AF Assist Light to help camera focus in low light situations
- Dedicated Buttons for Fast Adjustments
- 15 Channels
- Improved Stability and Transmission Speed
- Flash Value Lock function (FVL)
- Modeling Flash & Red-Eye Reduction flash
- Settings Saved Automatically
- Up To 50M Range
Shanny SN910TX SPECIFICATIONS
|Range||164′ (50 m)|
|Flash modes||TTL, Manual, RPT|
|Sync mode||1st curtain, 2nd curtain, high-speed sync|
|Max sync speed||1/8000 sec|
|supported functions||Remote Power Control, Remote Zoom Control, FEC, FEB, FEL, AF assist, Modeling flash|
|Interface||Triggering: Hot shoe, PC port|
Firmware Upgrade: micro-USB
|Power source||2 x AA batteries|
Shanny SN910TX COMPATIBLE WITH:
All Nikon cameras with TTL autoflash: D70, D70s, D80, D90, D200, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D810, D500, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D7000, D7100, D7200 and any other Nikon DSLR camera
Compatible flashes: Shanny SN910EX-RF speedlite flash, Shanny VN300 compact studio strobe
Shanny SN910TX – Package includes:
- 1x Shanny SN910TX master controller for Shanny SN910EX-RF speedlite flash
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original Shanny Box