Shanny SN600EX-RF | Speedlite Flash for Canon
Shanny SN600EX-RF is one of the top speedlite flashes for Canon DSLRs. SN600EX-RF has radio transceivers built inside, compatible with Shanny’s 2.4GHz RF radio system. Shanny radio system also includes the previously released SN600C-RF Slave flash, and SN-E3-RF transceiver unit. SN600EX-RF is built on the same flash body and hardware as the original Shanny SN600SC with an addition of built-in 2.4GHz RT radio receiver, and USB port for firmware updates.
Shanny RF system is designed to compete with other popular and inexpensive ETTL and HSS enabled RF style radio flash systems like the Yongnuo YN622C or Pixel King Pro. The advantage that Shanny RF system currently has over the YN622C is flash units with radio transceivers conveniently built-in. Another very notable advantage to the new SN600EX-RF flash, and Shanny’s RF system is the exceptional range with a flash unit as the Master transmitter mounted on the camera. The best range we have seen from radio flash to radio flash so far.
Shanny SN600EX-RF supports HSS (high-speed sync), 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization modes and has a high guide number of 60(ISO100, 200mm). For on-camera use, it provides nearly all of the functions of a Canon 600EX-RT, though for a small fraction of the price.
If you are looking for a great value flash for on camera work then the Shanny SN600EX-RF is definitely one to consider. SN600EX-RF flash is great for the money. When you factor in the price then it’s an absolute bargain. Shanny SN600EX-RF is very impressive for the remarkably low price compared to the Canon 600EX-RT. The power can really match the Canon flash, and recycle is even faster. HSS provides more light than the 600EX-RT flash, and the SN600EX-RF can even outperform the 600EX-RT in shots before heat protection cut in.
Shanny SN600EX-RF is fully compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II metering. It features a powerful guide number of 60m (ISO 100, 200mm) as well as an impressive zoom range of 20-200mm, along with a wide-angle diffuser for 14mm coverage on full-frame cameras. Bounce lighting is also possible with tilt from -7 to 90° and rotation left and right 180°. The SN600EX-RF TTL exposures are very good and quite consistent, bounced or direct. Flash Expsoure Compensation (FEC) adjustments are working as they should
SN600EX-RF has a recycle time of about 1.8 seconds and has high-speed sync, 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization settings. Also, it supports a multi flash stroboscopic mode for multiple flashes during a single exposure. It runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with a mini stand and protection bag.
The build quality of the SN600EX-RF (and all similar Shanny flashes) appears really excellent. The case is almost identical to the Canon 600EX-RT, though you can notice that the plastic is just a little bit less refined, and the main dial and buttons just a little harder to operate, which is still much better than you would expect from the speedlite flash of this price tag.
The SN600EX-RF (and similar Shanny flashes) are still quite clearly matching the Canon 600EX-RT for light output though. So the Shanny flashes can really match the Canon 600EX-RT for power, where many other third party flashes are at at least 1/3 of a stop bellow.
Shanny SN600EX-RF FEATURES
- Shanny SN600EX-RF level lock clamping foot clamps tightly in the camera hot-shoe, and does not allow the flash to slop around any more than the original Canon flash does.
- Built in RF radio transceiver – Built-in radio receiver so that SN600EX-RF can work as a master or slave unit.
- Interface and LCD screen display very similar to the original Canon 600EX-RT
- PC sync port for wired off-camera firing
- Radio transmission has access to 15 channels and 3 groups (A/B/C)
- Built-in pull-out bounce card for reflecting light forward when the flash is tilted upwards
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 with 29 total levels
- Stroboscopic mode of 1-199 Hz for 1-199 flashes
- Power saving mode and overheat protection
- Automatic setting saving remembers your last settings
- Autofocus assist beam to help camera focus in low light conditions.
- SN600EX-RF has a very high Guide Number of 60m (ISO100, 200mm). It supports High-speed Synchronization, e-TTL and manual flash modes. The highest synchronization speed is 1/8000s.
- Fast Clamping Metal Foot with Locking Pin
- Supports S1 and S2 pre flash cancel modes.
- SN600EX-RF supports auto and manual zooming, the flash coverage can be changed between AUTO, 20~200mm.
- Ultrafast charging recycle system. Also supports external power supply
- Equipped with big size LCD display
Shanny SN600EX-RF SPECIFICATIONS
|Sync mode||HSS, 1st curtain sync, 2nd curtain sync|
|Guide Number||60 meters (ISO 100, 200mm)|
|Flash mode||e-TTL, Manual, MULTI|
|Optic wireless mode||S1 and S2 basic optic slave modes|
|Radio system||2.4GHz built-in RF Radio system (master and slave modes)|
|Radio Channels||15 channels|
|AF assist beam||Yes|
|Zoom range||20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105, 135, 200mm (14mm with wide angle diffuser card)|
|Vertical rotation angle||-7~90 degrees – tilt head with tilt lock button|
|Horizontal rotation angle||0~360 degrees – full 360 degrees swivel head|
|Power supply||4×AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are supported)|
|Multiple flash groups||A/B/C flash groups|
|Radio transmission distance||Up to 100m|
|Recycle time||from 1.8 seconds with fully charged batteries|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 29 levels of fine tuning|
|External interface||hot shoe, PC sync port, external battery port, USB port for firmware upgrades|
|Additional features||High-Speed sync, Second-curtain sync, FEC, FEB, FEL, manual zoom,|
auto zoom, sound prompt, custom settings, automatically saving setting, PC port,
power saving mode and over heat protection, large clear dot matrix LCD screen, LCD back light can be kept on
|Dimensions||79.7 x 142.9 x 125.4 mm|
|Net weight||14.81 oz / 420 g (without batteries)|
Shanny SN600EX-RF – COMPATIBLE WITH:
Shanny SN600EX-RF is compatible with all Canon EOS cameras (e-TTL II autoflash): Canon 1Dx, 1Ds series, 1D series, 5DIII, 5Ds, 5Dsr, 6D, 7D mark II, 5DII, 5D, 7D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 700D, 650D/T4i, 600D/T3i, 550D/T2i, 500D/T1i, 450D/Xsi, 400D/Xti, 350D, 100D, 1100D, 750D, 760D, 1200D and other Canon EOS cameras
Shanny SN600EX-RF is fully compatible with Shanny SN-E3-RF transmitter.
Shanny SN600EX-RF – Package includes:
- 1x Shanny SN600EX-RF speedlite flash for Canon
- 1x Mini stand
- 1x Protection bag
- 1x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1x Original box